Pacific Riverside Archives in California has been a Records Center for storing records from Federal agencies and courts in Arizona, Southern California, and Clark County Nevada.
Other records at this location are: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Guam, Pacific Trust Territory and American Samoa.
The records that can be used for genealogy and family history research that were located in Laguna, CA have moved to Riverside Archives in Riverside, CA.
The records for the use and benefit of Federal Agencies has moved to a new location in Laguna, CA.
Research tools for genealogy are: Census Records for entire U.S.
Naturalization Records for new American citizens
Ships passenger lists
Computers with internet access and more.
Research for Historical interest: Custom House records about merchant ships and seamen.
Federal court proceedings in civil, criminal admiralty and habeas
Historical Research includes:
Riverside has more than 38,000 cubic feet of archival holdings dating from about 1850 to the 1980s.
1. Private land claims of the Spanish and Mexican periods in California history.
2. Opening of the public lands to homestead settlement.
3. Native Americans' life and culture.
4. Ethnic diversity, Chinese exclusion, immigration and naturalization.
6. The Maritime Industry and its development.
7. Buildup of coastal defenses and Military bases since the Spanish-American War.
8. The growth of the naval bases and their relationship to and impact on local communities.
9. Development of Corps of Engineers civil works projects relating to flood control, beach erosion control, pollution abatement, and the uses of navigable waterways.
The archival holdings are arranged by record group (RG), a body of records from an agency or bureau, identified by an RG number.
Hours open: 9:00 A.M. thru 4:00 P.M. by appointment only.
23123 Cajalco Road, Perris, CA 92570.
Telephone: 1 (951) 956-2000
Check the above website page for directions and public transportation. Always check the website or make a phone call to see if there are any changes of any kind: dates of closing, hours changed etc.
NOTE: Click on riverside above and look at their quarterly newsletter, it lots of interesting information.
Also check on the Volunteer Opportunities:
1. Genealogy Staff Aides.
2. Archival Staff Aides.
There is an Intership Program, which is an unpaid internship.
look into these opportunities.
Go to our page: